Our individual and families department handle a wide area of law stretching from adoption to wills, trusts and probate. MahWengKwai & Associates has a collection of experience in handling individual and family matters wherein we offer a full range of services to our clients both within and outside Malaysia. The firm’s reputation in this department is highly respected in the legal fraternity and we owe our highest standards and our continued success to our partner, Raymond Mah, who has represented several clients on adoption and citizenship matters.
The firm regularly represents and advises individuals and families of different backgrounds. Our individuals and family department has been engaged for matters relating to citizenship, adoption, divorce, child custody, family business, immigration, wills, trusts & probate, Syariah advisory and private wealth management.
Our team comprises experienced lawyers who have handled both complex family and individual matters. We handle all matters promptly, efficiently and strategically to ensure that the most cost-effective and efficient legal services are provided. The firm’s breadth of expertise and variety of practice areas allows our team to advise on complex multi-practice area cases that may be beyond the scope of specialist firms that only advise on family law.
Our clients have provided testimonials stating that they have had an amazing experience with MahWengKwai & Associates. “I am a Malaysian residing in the UAE and was preparing to be married to my Dutch fiancée. There were many documents needed from JPN, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Dutch embassy. As I could not travel to Malaysia to do this myself, I engaged MahWengKwai & Associates to handle my affairs which they did effectively. I could not have had a better experience!”
Others have provided their comments on the firms adoption services, stating that “I would like to extend my sincerest appreciation to MahWengKwai & Associates for the adoption of our two little girls, not only did they deliver what they promised in a professional and timely manner, they also went out of their way to cater to our needs. We are very thankful to have their support especially in certain aspects of the cases when it got quite challenging. We have recommended them to many of our friends as a result. ”
Our family department has particular expertise in the following related practice areas below.
- Criminal Law
- Family Business
- Family / Matrimonial Law
- Personal Injury
- Private Wealth Management
- Syariah Estate Planning
- Will, Trusts & Probate
Reviews & Testimonials
- “MahWengKwai & Associates have been engaged to handle an on-going family property /inheritance case which involves multiple stakeholders from two generations. Their understanding and soft skills to deal with the complication of family circumstances carve the path towards an amicable cooperation amongst the stakeholders.Despite an initial setback in the High Court, we maintain our perseverance in our lawsuit and faith in MahWengKwai & Associates. Due to the professional support of MahWengKwai & Associates, the Court of Appeal granted a favourable Court Order in May 2019.The overall service of MahWengKwai & Associates is commendable; professional case evaluation, professional advice and excellent knowledge of our case challenges. All the supporting staff are friendly, approachable and response to our queries and requests in a timely manner. In addition, they provide clear explanations on our case challenges and directions. Our case is still on-going and not concluded yet. Nevertheless, we have full confidence in MahWengKwai & Associates and continue to make use of their service in the present and any future case.”- Freddie Leong, Netherlands/KL
- “Thank you for your guidance and counsel in achieving a positive outcome in my matter. I would also like to thank and commend Eric Toh for his support and hard work in handling my case. Eric has been professional, prompt and responsive in dealing with my queries and requests. He has also demonstrated pro-activeness, maturity and responsibility in providing suggestions when we have experienced challenges in the past months. Thanks go to Prisilla as well. She was composed, calm and confident at court. You have a great team.” – Irina Lim
- “I have had an amazing experience with MahWengKwai & Associates. A young and highly capable lawyer named Jasmine handled all my requests and questions in a very timely and professional manner. I am a Malaysian residing in the UAE and was preparing to be married to my Dutch fiancée. There were many documents needed from JPN, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Dutch embassy. As I could not travel to Malaysia to do this myself, I engaged MahWengKwai & Associates to handle my affairs which they did effectively. I could not have had a better experience!! Thanks again Jasmine.”– Ashvin Danny Holtkamp
- “We are deeply appreciative and happy with the services provided by your team of competent, responsible and reliable staff, particularly Raymond Mah and Jasmine Wong. We will not hesitate to recommend your excellent services to others.” -Mr & Mrs C, Selangor