The Construction industry in Malaysia has seen steady growth in recent years. There are many aspects to a construction project which we are able to serve our clients in.
Our team is experienced in handling both non-contentious and contentious matters. Having arbitrators and adjudicators on our team also lends credence to the expertise we are able to provide to solve your construction needs.
- Representing clients in CIPAA proceedings
- Drafting and concluding construction contracts
- Advising developers, main contractors, sub-contractors and consultants on their rights and obligations arising from construction contracts
Advised and represented a leading rubber glove manufacturer, in court proceedings to set aside an unfavourable adjudication decision in which our client was liable to pay RM5,241,731.02 to its roofing contractor.
We successfully set aside the adjudication decision on the basis that the adjudicator had committed a breach of natural justice in making his decision.This was the first case in which an adjudication decision under the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA 2012) was set aside by the High Court.The novel decision has been published as WRP ASIA PACIFIC SDN BHD v. NS BLUESCOPE LYSAGHT MALAYSIA SDN BHD  1 LNS 1236;  MLJU 1125;  1 CIDB-CLR 140
Reviews & Testimonials
– “I would like personally thank MahWengKwai & Associates for their help in our case whereby a client owed us money. Special appreciation goes to Hannah Patrick and Wong Sue Ann and their team as I saw first hand how hard and systematic they worked, working late all through the night to handle our documentation. They also remembered to discount a token sum of their fees as previously agreed even when we forgot about it.” – Chin AJ, Ideaworks Resources Sdn Bhd
– “We highly recommend MahWengKwai & Associates for CIPAA proceedings. They represented us in CIPAA proceedings for the collection of late payments in our constructions projects. The adjudication decisions were in our favour and we received an unexpected settlement, more than what we had hoped for. We would like to express our sincere thanks to the team, Ms Christine Toh who is knowledgeable and exceptional, Ms Denise Phang and the rest who handled our cases professionally. We appreciate their attention to detail, quick response time, quality and good analytic skills.”– Dorothee Wong, Versalink Sdn BhdRead more