MWKA provides advice and legal representation to individuals and corporations (companies, partnerships and other corporate entities) on their risks of corporate criminal liability and potential investigations by prosecutors or related enforcement agencies. We can help with matters involving bribery and corruption, tax, fraud and forgery, false accounting, criminal breach of trust, non-compliances and misconduct of directors during investigation and prosecution by the relevant authorities. Read more about our Corporate Crime / White Collar Crime defence services.
We also provide legal advice and representation to complainants, victims, suspects or accused on their rights, the criminal law and procedure relating to their duties to the general public such as offences under amongst others, the Penal Code, Dangerous Drugs Act 1952, Domestic Violence Act 1994. Read more about our Street Crime / Blue Collar Crime defence services.
We provide a practical and sensible approach and legal representation for individuals and corporations involved in investigations, arrests, or prosecutions by various law enforcement agencies and authorities.
Read more about out our online quotes for our Criminal Defence Services.
- Advising complainants, victims, suspects or the accused on the criminal law and procedure in Malaysia, including their rights and remedies
- Assisting complainants or victims in lodging their complaints to the relevant law enforcement agencies
- Drafting and negotiating amicable settlements on behalf of complainants, victims, suspects or the accused
- Representing and defending the accused against criminal charges and proceedings in Court
- Representing and defending accused in investigation and prosecution by the Attorney-General’s Chambers for offences under the Penal Code relating to criminal breach of trust, cheating and dishonestly inducing the delivery of property, intentional insult with intent to provoke a breach of public peace, criminal intimidation, property damage, public nuisance and theft
- Representing and defending accused in securities investigation and prosecution by the Securities Commission relating to securities offences under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007
- Representing and defending accused charged with an offence under the Securities Industry Act 1983 for allegedly making false statements in the company’s quarterly reports
- Advising and assisting complainants in lodging police reports in enforcing and protecting their rights
- Appointed by the Yayasan Bantuan Guaman Kebangsaan (YBGK) to represent and defend accused persons in investigation and prosecution by the Attorney-General’s Chambers for offences under the Penal Code relating to drug offences, and voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons and means and wrongful restraint
Reviews & Testimonials
- “My wife, Ann and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms Vivien Fan, Ms Anis Sohaimi and Mr Eric Toh from MWKA for their professionalism. They are responsive to our queries, and have been very accommodating, understanding and compassionate throughout the whole process. MWKA has been empathetic and accommodating of our financial situation that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic during these challenging times. My wife and I can affirm with confidence that we are in the right hands and being taken care of as we continue with the second part of our case in Court. MWKA has put together a great team that gives us comfort and security.”- Chan & Ann, Kuala Lumpur
- “Raymond, Vivien and Chee En from MWKA were extremely knowledgeable, professional and courteous. They explained clearly what was the different legal actions available to me, advised me on the risk/reward of each option, and were extremely supportive in helping me make the right decision and getting to a favourable outcome.” -Ying Ling, Kuala Lumpur
Our lawyers are experienced, dedicated and well-equipped to provide sensible and practical criminal law advice to both individuals and corporations, including advising on their rights, the law and procedure involving police investigations, lodging of police reports, police arrest, bail, remand and other Court proceedings relating to a wide range of criminal offences.READ MORE →