Estate planning for Muslims involves property and asset distribution through wasiat or hibah and faraid in compliance with Syariah Law and its principles.
It often involves the preparation of a wasiat with an understanding of faraid. A wasiat is a promise by a person on his/her property or to complete a benefit for charity or any other reason that is allowed by Syara’ (Islamic Law) which is to take effect upon his/her death. Faraid is a concept in Islamic Law, which determines the distribution of a deceased’s property to heirs in portions mentioned in Al-Quran.
We assist our Muslim clients to plan the distribution of estate during their lifetime and upon death under Syariah Law and its principles. Our Syariah Estate Planning team will advise and assist you with planning to achieve effective outcomes.
- Preparing Wasiat (Muslim Will)
- Advising and carrying out Hibah
- Application of Grant of Probate or Grant of Letter of Administration
- Advising or applying for Sijil Faraid
- Transferring of immovable and moveable properties
- Safekeeping of Wasiat
- Advising Muslim clients on Wasiat and the concept of Faraid
- Advising Muslim clients for the distribution of property through Hibah
- Representing and advising Muslim clients on application to the High Court for the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration
- Advising and assisting Muslim clients in applying for the Faraid Certificate at Syariah Court
- Representing and advising Muslim clients on the administration of the immovable property concerning inheritance through Wasiat and Faraid
Reviews & Testimonials
- “I would like to thank Anis Mohd Sohaimi for her guidance on Shariah estate planning. I am grateful for her support, responsiveness and timely updates and highly recommend Anis to anyone seeking legal advice on estate distribution applicable to Muslims in Malaysia.”- Puan Nurmadiah
- “We have been with this legal firm from 1987 with the purchase of our house in Petaling Jaya and a few other properties in Port Dickson. We are always very pleased with the excellent service and professionalism of the legal team including our very recent experience with Anis Mohd Sohaimi. We would not hesitate to work with MahWengKwai & Associates again in the future and highly recommend this legal firm.”- Kamar & Ineke
- “I would like to thank Anis Mohd Sohaimi and her team for their legal advice and work. She was attentive and clear in responding to all of my queries and I would highly recommend Anis and MWKA.” – Rian Ashwin, Selangor
- “Ms Anis Sohaimi and team are very professional and prompt to respond to queries. I highly recommend their firm for future cases.” -Choo Meng Kong