Employment law encompasses a collection of rules that regulate the relationship between employers and employees. MahWengKwai & Associates has vast experience in handling employment and industrial relations matters. Our employment department offers the full range of employment and industrial relations services to our clients both within and outside Malaysia.
The firm regularly represents and advises corporations, businesses and individual employees of diversified backgrounds. Our employment department has been engaged for matters relating to disciplinary procedures, termination of employees, unfair dismissal matters at the Industrial Court, executive and severance agreements, employment contracts, handbooks and policies, labour relations and negotiations.
In 2015, the firm was awarded the Litigation Law Firm Award of the Year by Asian Legal Business (a Thomson Reuters publication). Legal 500 has ranked us as a Tier 4 law firm in Labour and Employment describing that “MahWengKwai & Associates coalesced its employment capabilities into a dedicated practice group in 2018 and acts for individuals as well as corporations; employment work in the sports sector is a particular niche<”. Asia Law Profiles has recommended our firm for employment matters and our clients have stated that our “ lawyers were knowledgeable about the legal landscape in Malaysia and are able to provide practical recommendations while taking our business operations into consideration. They truly understand our objectives and are able to advocate on that basis”.
The MWKA employment team comprises experienced lawyers who understand that employment disputes may be stressful and daunting. We handle all matters promptly, efficiently and strategically to ensure that the most cost-effective and efficient legal services are provided. The firm’s breadth of expertise and variety of practice areas allows our team to advise on complex multi-practice area cases that may be beyond the scope of specialist firms that only advise on employment law.
Our employment department has particular expertise in the following related practice areas below:
- Employment Contracts & Policies
- Employment Share Option Scheme (ESOS)
- Disciplinary Procedures (Misconduct)
- Performance Improvement Plans (Poor Performance)
- Medical Boarding Out & Retirement
- Retrenchment (Redundancy)
- Industrial Court Disputes
- Voluntary & Mutual Separation Schemes (VSS/MSS)
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Our company has been working with Raymond and his team for the past year and they have been providing prompt and reliable legal responses to our business needs. They are not only a team of knowledgeable and competent advisors in our engagement, we have also received proactive check-ins to support and make our business decisions more complete from a local legal perspective. We would like to specially thank John Chan and Sue Ann for their hard work and dedication to our account such that we are always kept updated. Looking forward to even more success working together with them in 2019!” – Alex Tam, Head of Offline Unit, Paktor Pte Ltd, Singapore.
Our Employment Department offers consultation on a retainer basis to businesses and employers. Our hassle-free retainer gives you access to our qualified lawyers by email, phone or in meetings at our office.READ MORE →
Related Articles and Updates
Wednesday, 19 October 2022 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Forced Resignation vs Constructive Dismissal About…
The Employment Act 1955 is the main legislation governing the employer-employee relationship in Malaysia. Updates…
Wednesday, 25 May 2022 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Differentiating Between Employees and Independent Contractors…