Naveen graduated with a Second Class Honours (Division 1) in Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Northumbria University, Newcastle, United Kingdom in 2014. He completed his Certificate in Legal Practice in 2015. Naveen subsequently read in the chambers of Bodipalar Ponnudurai De Silva and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in April 2017. Upon his admission to the Malaysian Bar, Naveen had joined the National Union of Bank Employees as an Industrial Relations Consultant and subsequently PALANI, where he joined as a Legal Assistant.
He had later on joined Messrs Gregory, Yusran & Associates as a Legal Associate. Naveen had began his professional career by being heavily involved in employment disputes in which he has dealt with dismissal cases, trade union disputes, collective agreement and collective bargaining. Naveen also has experiences in general litigation which includes but not limited to contractual disputes, joint divorce petitions and also debt recovery.
Naveen joined MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate of the Employment Practice Group in August 2021.
Career to date
2022 Senior Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2021 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Associate, Gregory, Yusran & Associates
2017 Legal Assistant, PALANI
2017 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2017 Industrial Relations Consultant, NUBE
2016 Pupil-in-Chambers, Bodipalar Ponnudurai De Silva
2015 Certificate in Legal Practice
2014 Bachelor of Laws (Second Class Honours, Division 1), Northumbria University
Particular litigation experience
- Represented 17 employees who were unfairly dismissed under the guise of a Right-Sizing Exercise in the Industrial Court
- Represented a Claimant for a Forced Resignation claim in the Industrial Court
- Represented a Claimant in the Industrial Court disputing his dismissal as the Company had held that his contract of employment was a fixed-term contract
- Represented a Claimant for Constructive Dismissal claim in the Industrial Court
- Represented a Claimant for an Unfair Dismissal due to Misconduct in the Industrial Court
- Represented an Applicant in a Judicial Review Application against the decision of the Human Resource Minister in not referring the matter to the Industrial Court
- Advisory works for the National Union of Bank Employees in various Labour and Employment issues in various Industrial Relation matters
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Raymond Mah attended to me to address a very urgent legal matter. Kudos to Naveen Joshua Solomon for drafting strategic documents and providing sound legal advice while dealing with my case. Appreciate both his professionalism and empathy! Diana Cheak also provided great support with her legal expertise too. Thank you MWKA legal team for treating me not just as a client but like a friend in time of need, with your expert care par excellence!” – Justin Ooi Theng Yik, Kuala Lumpur.
- Dispute Resolution
Trust & Succession
- Individuals & Families
Will, Trusts & Probate