Whistleblowing is encouraged because it promotes good governance and encouraging members from both the private and public sectors to come forward with information on activities such as corruption, abuse of authority, violation of ethical standards, and danger to public health or safety. The Whistleblower Protection Act 2010 protects those who make a disclosure of improper conduct to an enforcement agency by protecting their confidential information and protecting them against detrimental action being taken against them. Proper internal policies, procedures and training will allow employers to benefit from whistleblowing while protecting employers from any negative effects such as the wasting of time, loss of reputation and claims for damages.
- Advising clients on all aspects of whistleblowing, drafting policies and advising on procedures and dispute resolution
- Advising clients on internal disclosure policies, confidential information, and remedies connected therewith
- Advising clients on how to manage cases strategically in order to minimise financial exposure and reputational risks to our clients and ensuring both short and long term objectives are met
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements and clients’ internal practice
- Advising clients in defending claims and bringing claims of whistleblowing
- Advising clients on compliance with whistleblower protection law in Malaysia.
- Providing clients with updates on the developments of whistleblower protection law in Malaysia
- Public policy work such as lobbying for change of laws and procedures with the relevant government agencies.
- Our Consultant is one of the Members of the Institutional Reforms Committee which submitted recommendations to the Government of Malaysia on key Institutions such as the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, a key enforcement agency dealing with whistleblowers and issues in relation to whistleblowing.
- Employment Contracts and Policies
- Employment Share Option Scheme (ESOS)
- Disciplinary Procedures (Misconduct)
- Performance Improvement Plans (Poor Performance)
- Retirement & Medical Boarding Out
- Retrenchment (Redundancy)
- Industrial Court Disputes
- Voluntary & Mutual Separation Schemes (VSS/MSS)