A well drafted employment contract is essential as it sets out the rights and obligations of the employer and the employee in an employment relationship. A good employment contract protects the job security of the employee and protects the employer from certain risks such as disclosure of private and confidential information and solicitation of other employees and business clients after the term of employment ends.
A clear and concise workplace policy is equally important and can avoid unnecessary misunderstanding and complaints, resolve potential disputes between the employer and the employee and minimise litigation risk.
At MWKA we advise on an array of companies in a wide range of industries in all aspects of employment law and work with employers and individual clients. We understand what’s important and what motivates them both (often very different things) and are privileged to be able to see matters from either side. This gives us added context and insight when it comes to advising clients on realistic outcomes and on the best ways to achieve them. MWKA has an excellent record of handling high-profile disputes, regularly engaging in employment and Industrial Court cases, as well as advising on sensitive severance issues and boardroom disputes, class and collective actions, corporate governance and more standard disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Advising clients on terms and conditions of employment
- Advising, drafting and reviewing employment contracts
- Advising clients on boardroom disputes and severance claims
- Advising clients on discrimination and harassment claims
- Employment law aspects of all corporate finance transactions
- Employment mediation or litigation
- Advising clients on issues pertaining to redundancy or dismissal and reviewing employment contract and employee handbook
- Advised and drafted various employment contracts for a Germany based company providing innovative automotive business solutions across the world.
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Raymond Mah and Diana Cheak are amazing, knowledgeable, professional and very helpful. In dispute resolution, Raymond and team have shown high integrity and are straight to the point. If a fight is not worth it, they will advise not to go through with it, even though the firm could have earned fees from it. Thank you so much for your help when we need it most. I would highly recommend MahWengKwai & Associates to anyone seeking legal advice if you need your problems to be solved in the shortest way responsibly.” – Wei Li, Kuala Lumpur
- “I would like to put on record, the appreciation of myself, and New Zealand Unlimited Restaurants Sdn Bhd (NZUR) for the excellent legal advice and representation provided by John Chan from MahWengKwai & Associates. NZUR decided to engage the legal services of MahWengKwai & Associates, and we commenced liaising with John Chan. John Chan was very thorough in his working relationships with NZUR. The Management of NZUR would certainly be willing to engage John Chan’s services again. NZUR is pleased to recommend John Chan from MahWengKwai & Associates for employment and industrial relations matters and disputes.” – Richard Tankersley, New Zealand Unlimited Restaurants Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur
- “Mr. John Chan was the one who assisted me with my enquiries. I can say that he is very approachable and knowledgeable regarding my employment matter. I am very grateful to have found their website online and for their quick response when I emailed them. Highly recommended.” – Mae, Philippines
- “I am very pleased with MahWengKwai & Associates’ services in particular, John Chan. My dealings with him have been professional, efficient and timely. John is very responsive in addressing any concerns that we have and helping us through the process. Thank you for your excellent service! We are happy with the outcome. Highly recommending MWKA to my HR network.” – Nicole Liew, Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- “Our company PILOT CARGO ( M ) SDN BHD has been using the legal services of MahWengKwai & Associates for quite some time now. We have also been very impressed with their professionalism and level of service. Richard Wee and his team of lawyers have always shown urgency in their work, regardless whether the case is big or small. They are also easily accessible and very accommodating to their client’s needs. A highly recommendable law firm to use if the need arises !!!” – Howard Chiam, Pilot Cargo (M) Sdn Bhd
- “We had the pleasure of engaging the services of MWKA to better understand the legal aspects of running our professional consultancy business, and we were given good and helpful advice. We want to extend our appreciation to John Chan and Janessa Kok whom we found most helpful and they go out of the way to make our engagement a pleasant one indeed. Thanks and keep up the good work.” – Perunding ACE Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- “Diana Cheak is amazing and straight to the point, very knowledgable and helpful.” – Stanley Chee (Co-Founder), SalesCandy, Kuala Lumpur
READ MORE →
Our Employment Department offers consultation on a retainer basis to businesses and employers. Our hassle-free retainer gives you access to our qualified lawyers by email, phone or in meetings at our office.READ MORE →