A parent of a child may apply to the court for an injunction restraining the other parent from taking the child out of Malaysia under the following circumstances:

  • Where any matrimonial proceedings is pending; or
  • Where under any agreement or court order, one parent has custody of the child to the exclusion of the other parent. 

A court can also grant an injunction during matrimonial proceedings or after the grant of a decree of divorce, judicial separation or annulment to prevent the following actions:

  • A person from forcing his or her society on his or her spouse or former spouse; or
  • Other actions of molestations.  

Besides that, an injunction can also be granted by a court to prevent the disposition of property by a spouse, former spouse or parent of a person where the disposition of the property is with the objective of:

  • Reducing his or her means to pay maintenance; or
  • Depriving his or her spouse of any rights in relation to that property

A court can grant this injunction where:

  • Matrimonial proceedings are pending;
  • An order for division of assets has been made but not complied with;
  • An order for maintenance (spousal or child) has been made and has not been rescinded; or
  • Maintenance (spousal or child) is payable under an agreement

Our Services

Our services and support include, but is not limited to the following areas:

  • Legal representation in courts to file/oppose an application for an injunction to restrain a parent from taking a child out of Malaysia
  • Legal representation in courts to file/oppose an application for an injunction against molestation
  • Legal representation to file/oppose an application for an injunction to prevent the disposition of property
Cassandra Nicole Thomazios
Jasmine Wong
Eric Toh
Janessa Kok
Sue Ann Wong
Chee En Wong

Related Articles and Updates

The laws on marriage and divorce for non-Muslims in Malaysia are governed by the Law…

On 24.8.2021, the High Court had the opportunity to consider whether the Malaysian Federal Constitution…

MahWengKwai & Associates (MWKA) is pleased to announce that we have won the Matrimonial and…

Friday, 23 April, 2021 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Changing Maintenance and Custody Orders after…

Spouses in a marriage that has broken down may consider judicial separation as an alternative…

Tuesday, 12 May, 2020 11:00 am – 11:45 am Divorce: Single & Joint Petitions About…

    How can we help you?

    Schedule a meeting with us