An application for custody of children to a marriage can be made prior to or together with an application for divorce or judicial separation. There is a rebuttable presumption that a mother should have custody of a child who is below seven years old. When granting an order of custody, a court can also decide on the access period to be given to the parent who does not have custody of a child.

Our Services

Our services and support include, but is not limited to the following areas:

  • Advising individuals on their rights to custody of children (before or after divorce/judicial separation)
  • Legal representation in courts for individuals seeking to obtain custody of children (before or after divorce/judicial separation)

Related Services

Reviews & Testimonials

  • “A big thank you to Eric Toh and Karmen Fung. They were both understanding, professional and worked diligently until the end to ensure everything went on smoothly. I’m so grateful! Highly recommended!” – Ms Suba, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Gan Chong Chieh
Cassandra Nicole Thomazios
Jasmine Wong
Eric Toh
Janessa Kok
Wong Sue Ann
Karmen Fung
Wong Chee Ee

Related Articles and Updates

Wednesday, 7 June 2023 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Navigating Divorce Obligations: Insights on Varying…

Friday, 2 December 2022 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Living Trust vs Testamentary Trust: What’s…

The laws on marriage and divorce for non-Muslims in Malaysia are governed by the Law…

On 24.8.2021, the High Court had the opportunity to consider whether the Malaysian Federal Constitution…

MahWengKwai & Associates (MWKA) is pleased to announce that we have won the Matrimonial and…

Friday, 23 April, 2021 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Changing Maintenance and Custody Orders after…

    How can we help you?

    Schedule a meeting with us