Wednesday, 8 June 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Company Constitutions: Are They Necessary?
About this talk
All companies are governed by the provisions of the Companies Act 2016. Previously, under the Companies Act 1965, it was mandatory for companies to have a Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&A). Now under the Companies Act 2016, is it still necessary for companies to have a Constitution? What are the benefits of having a Constitution? Join us for this online talk where our speakers will discuss the necessity and advantages of having a Constitution.
- What is a Constitution?
- Requirements under the Companies Act 2016
- Necessity and advantages of a Constitution
- Differences between a Constitution and a Shareholders Agreement
- Tommy Wong, Senior Associate, Corporate Practice Group
- Nur Amira binti Md Mashor, Associate, Corporate Practice Group