This MWKA Online Talk was delivered on 20 April 2020 by Mr Gan Chong Chieh and Ms Prisilla Chong and moderated by Ms Wong Sue Ann. Please visit https://mahwengkwai.com/talks-signup/ to register for upcoming talks.
Overview: Is it important that I have a will? How will my estate be administered? With a will, you can distribute your assets according to your wishes and protect the interests of your loved ones. Unfortunately, many delay this important task until it is too late and the number of intestacy cases in Malaysia remains high. Our speakers for this talk will cover the importance of will writing and administration of estates in Malaysia.
Topic: Wills and Administration of Estates in Malaysia
● Importance and benefits of having a will
● Formalities and contents of a will
● Addressing common misconceptions
● Administration of estates (Grant of Probate vs Grant of Letters of Administration)
● Your Will prepared by trusted lawyers
SPEAKERS: Gan Chong Chieh (Partner) & Prisilla Chong (Associate)
MODERATOR: Wong Sue Ann (Associate)
A copy of the talk slides in PDF format is available for download here.