T: +6 03 7887 2702
F: +6 03 7887 2703
Vivien Fan graduated with a Second Class Honours (Division I) in Bachelor of Laws from Cardiff University, Wales, United Kingdom in 2014. She completed her Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) at University of Law, London and was called to the English Bar in July 2016. Vivien was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in September 2017.
Having completed her pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr Raymond Mah and upon admission to the Malaysian Bar, she began her practice in MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate in 2017.
Vivien continues her practice in MahWengKwai & Associates in the areas of general litigation particularly in debt recovery, criminal, construction, land acquisitions, probate and administration of estates, contractual disputes, and tenancy disputes.
Career to date
2017 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2017 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2016 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2016 Paralegal, MahWengKwai & Associates
2013 Attachment Student, Shearn Delamore & Co., K.L.
2012 Attachment Student, Ghani & Co., K.L.
2016 Called to the Bar by the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, United Kingdom
2014 Bachelor of Laws ( Second Class Honours, Division 1 )
Particular litigation experience
Civil and Criminal Matters
- Disputes arising from breach of contract, Magistrate’s Court, Sessions Court and High Court.
- Recovery of outstanding debts, Magistrate’s Court, Sessions Court and High Court.
- Winding-up of companies, High Court.
- Criminal matters relating to offences such as causing wrongful loss to a public listed company, voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means, voluntarily causing hurt; and wrongful restraint.
- Shareholders disputes and disputes arising from breach of shares sale agreement, High Court
- Claim for compensations due to compulsory acquisitions by the Government
Construction and Adjudication
- Claim for certified work done and release of retention sum in respect of construction contracts