Wednesday, January 18, 2017 (SESSION FULL)
12:30pm – 2:30pm Understanding the changes to the Strata Title Act 1985 &
overview of the Strata Management Act 2013 (Download pdf brochure)
The new strata laws have hastened the issuance of strata titles, enhanced protection and facilitated strata management for home buyers and imposed stricter conditions on developers. This talk will review the changes to the Strata Title Act 1985 and provide an overview of the Strata Management Act 2013.
• Recent amendments approved by Parliament towards the National Land Code, the Land Acquisition Act, and the Strata Titles Act.
• Enhanced governance given to management corporations.
• What is Limited Common Property?
• Subdivision of phased development.
• Impact to developers, professionals and purchases.
• Relevant provisions of Strata Title Act (Amendment) 2013.
• Relevant provisions of Strata Management Act 2013.
- Richard Wee, Partner and Head of MWKA’s Real Estate Practice Group
- Sarah Kambali, Senior Associate, Real Estate Practice Group
Location: MahWengKwai & Associates, Level 10, Tower B, Prima Avenue, Dataran Prima.