Transport and Logistics deal with issues pertaining to movements of goods and passengers from one destination to the other (domestically or internationally) by road, rail, air and sea. Warehousing, on the other hand, focuses on contractual and legal obligations of parties in storage, goods managements, inventories and processing. These areas also deal with the legal position and obligations as well as the limitation of liability of forwarding agents or freight forwarding agents.
- Advising logistics companies on their legal position and obligations under the law and relevant legislations.
- Advising forwarding agents on their legal position and obligations under the law and relevant legislations.
- Representing logistics companies in pursuing or defending legal proceedings for/against them for issues related to logistics and warehousing services.
- Representing freight forwarding agents in pursuing or defending legal proceedings for/against them for services rendered and provided, loss or damage of goods and contractual breaches.
- Advising transportation companies on relevant legislations, legal requirements and documentations.
- Advising and reviewing logistics and warehousing contracts. Advising, drafting and reviewing multi-modal contracts, and joint-venture contracts.
- Advising and assisting in acquisition and sale of shares of a freight forwarding company.
- Advising and representing product supplier companies in legal proceeding and contractual issues.
- Drafting and negotiating amicable settlements between parties.
Pursuing legal proceedings on behalf of a freight forwarding company against its clients for services rendered.
Pursuing legal proceedings on behalf of a logistics company for services rendered and defending a counter-claim for loss and damage of goods.
Defending legal proceedings against a freight forwarding company for loss and damage of goods Defending an action against a freight forwarding company for contractual breach brought by an airline.
Advising a logistics company on a joint-venture agreement.
Advising and assisting in an acquisition and sale of shares exercise in a freight forwarding company.
Pursuing and defending legal proceedings for/against a product supplier company for services rendered, termination of contract and legal obligation under distribution agreement.
- Commercial Litigation
- Debt Recovery
- International Trade
- Corporate and Commercial
Related Articles and Updates
Wednesday, 7 June 2023 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Navigating Divorce Obligations: Insights on Varying…
Wednesday, 31 May 2023 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Industrial Court vs Labour Court: Understanding…
Wednesday, 3 May 2023 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Medical Negligence Claims: What Patients and…
Wednesday, 19 April 2023 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Eviction of Squatters: A Landowner’s Right…
Wednesday, 5 April 2023 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm The Future of Sports Sponsorship in…
Wednesday, 29 March 2023 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm AGMs for Stratified Developments: Essential Insights…