The role of financial technology has reshaped today’s financial services industry and enhanced financial inclusion in developing countries. The speed of technological development fosters the growth of new entrants in the financial market in providing innovative and alternative financial solutions to small and medium-sized enterprises (“SMEs”) and start-ups. The development and procurement of financial technology products and services involves commercial and regulatory risks. Fintech businesses have to act quickly in evolving regulatory environments.
- Advising clients on the legal compliance for an Initial Coin Offering (“ICO”) project.
- Advising clients on Know-Your-Customer and Anti-Money Laundering, Anti- Terrorism Financing Act (“AMLATFA”) requirements.
- Advising clients on creation, exploitation and protection of intellectual property including the registration of trademark, patent and copyright.
- Advising clients on the legal requirements and regulatory compliance needed to develop clients’ product or business
- Advising clients on data protection and cybersecurity.
- Advising clients on joint ventures .
Our experience in MahWengKwai & Associates and MWKA Tech includes advising, assisting and support a singaporean company for their production and distribution of smart routers and their Initial Coin Offering. In this respect, we also work closely with the Singaporean law firm.
Related Articles and Updates
[contact-form-7 id=”” title=”Menu-Practice areas”]