The role of financial technology has reshaped today’s financial services industry and enhanced financial inclusion in developing countries. The speed of technological development fosters the growth of new entrants in the financial market in providing innovative and alternative financial solutions to small and medium-sized enterprises (“SMEs”) and start-ups. The development and procurement of financial technology products and services involves commercial and regulatory risks. Fintech businesses have to act quickly in evolving regulatory environments.
Our services and support include, but is not limited to the following areas:
- Advise on the legal compliance for an Initial Coin Offering (“ICO”) project.
- Advise on Know-Your-Customer and Anti-Money Laundering, Anti- Terrorism Financing Act (“AMLATFA”) requirements.
- Advise on creation, exploitation and protection of intellectual property including the registration of trademark, patent and copyright.
- Advise on the legal requirements and regulatory compliance needed to develop clients’ product or business
- Advise on data protection and cybersecurity.
- Advise on joint ventures .
Our experience in MahWengKwai & Associates and MWKA Tech includes advising, assisting and support a singaporean company for their production and distribution of smart routers and their Initial Coin Offering. In this respect, we also work closely with the Singaporean law firm.
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Data Protection
- Data Privacy
- Entrepreneurs & Start-Ups
- Intellectual Property
- Regulatory Compliance
|LUM YING MEI
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
| TOMMY WONG