The role of financial technology has reshaped today’s financial services industry and enhanced financial inclusion in developing countries. The speed of technological development fosters the growth of new entrants in the financial market in providing innovative and alternative financial solutions to small and medium-sized enterprises (“SMEs”) and start-ups. The development and procurement of financial technology products and services involves commercial and regulatory risks. Fintech businesses have to act quickly in evolving regulatory environments.
- Advising clients on the legal compliance for an Initial Coin Offering (“ICO”) project.
- Advising clients on Know-Your-Customer and Anti-Money Laundering, Anti- Terrorism Financing Act (“AMLATFA”) requirements.
- Advising clients on creation, exploitation and protection of intellectual property including the registration of trademark, patent and copyright.
- Advising clients on the legal requirements and regulatory compliance needed to develop clients’ product or business
- Advising clients on data protection and cybersecurity.
- Advising clients on joint ventures .
Our experience in MahWengKwai & Associates and MWKA Tech includes advising, assisting and support a singaporean company for their production and distribution of smart routers and their Initial Coin Offering. In this respect, we also work closely with the Singaporean law firm.
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Data Protection
- Data Privacy
- Entrepreneurs & Start-Ups
- Intellectual Property
- Regulatory Compliance
Reviews & Testimonials
- “We were recommended to seek MWKA and Tommy Wong for corporate advisory services, and the recommendation did not disappoint. Thank you to Tommy Wong and Sarah San for attending to our queries with great quality and efficiency despite our tight timeline. We are pleased with their advice, and we emphasise the recommendation on MWKA and Tommy!” – Ng Vee Vien, CoinClan.io