As part of Sports Law, sports contracts are the usual by-product which will capture the understanding and agreement of all parties into a contract. Due to its peculiar needs, sport contracts have different emphasis and focus to other commercial agreement. Our team is experienced in providing advice in this area of law.
Our services and support include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Providing contract drafting services
- Reviewing and providing advise / opinion on the interpretation of contracts
- Managing and appraising sports clients of their respective obligations under the contract
- Our scope of work can encompass the entire exercise from the commencement of the negotiations to the final execution of the agreements
Our experiences in the past include:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts related to the sponsorships and partnerships of sponsors / partners with stadiums.
- Contract management – appraising sports clients of their obligations under the contract after the execution of the contract.
- The appointed solicitors who managed the contractual aspects of a dedicated national elite athlete preparation program involving high performance athletes – reviewed and drafted the relevant sports contracts for the athletes, coaches and special campaigns.
- Lawyers for the selection and deselection process for the abovementioned program where we provided legal input and advised on the legalities of the selection and deselection process.