Thursday, March 22, 2018
12:30pm – 2:30pm Citizenship for Adopted and Stateless Children (Download pdf brochure )
Stateless children face a lifetime of uncertainty and discrimination. And the process of being recognised as a Malaysian citizen is full of challenges.
This is despite the fact that they may have been born in Malaysia and have lived their entire lives here, or even have been adopted and raised by
• How the problem of statelessness arises
• The Federal Constitution on citizenship
• The Adoption Act 1952 and the Legitimacy Act 1961
• The Court process for declarations and judicial review
• Decided cases and pending appeals at the Federal Court
- Raymond Mah, Managing Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution, and Corporate & Commercial Practice Group
Location: MahWengKwai & Associates, Level 10, Tower B, Prima Avenue, Dataran Prima.