Shipping Law involves matters pertaining to carriage and movement of goods and passengers from one port to the other. This area of law deals with maritime disputes due to collision, accidents, loss or damage of goods during voyage, salvage operations which are ‘wet’ disputes and contractual breaches, defects of goods, insurance, matters related to ports which are ‘dry’ disputes.
- Advising parties involved in shipping contracts on their rights and remedies.
- Advising on procedures and requirements by local authorities which include port authority and customs.
- Advising parties on their legal obligations under shipping contracts and law.
- Drafting and negotiating amicable settlements between parties.
- Drafting contracts, charter parties agreements, construction or funding for ships agreements. Representing clients in maritime disputes
- Advising international client on legal requirements, legal obligations and risk of importing and exporting dangerous goods in Malaysia.
- Advising client on contractual obligations as forwarding agent under a shipping contract.
- Advising client on port detention and demurrage issues.
- Commercial Litigation
- Debt Recovery
- International Trade
- Corporate and Commercial Contracts
- Logistics and Warehousing
Related Articles and Updates
Effective administration of construction contracts is critical for a productive business relationship between the parties…
Malaysia’s legal system provides a cost-effective small claims procedure to individuals, sole proprietors and partnerships…
Wednesday, 8 June 2022 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Company Constitutions: Are They Necessary? About…
Wednesday, 15 June 2022 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Liquidated Damages for Late Delivery of…
Wednesday, 13 October, 2021 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Understanding Shareholder Agreements About this talk…
Friday, 25 June, 2021 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Legal Aspects of Digital Transformation About…