T: +6 03 7887 2702
F: +6 03 7887 2703
A graduate of International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Sarah was called to the Bar on 25th October 2007. She had spent her pupillage under Mr Richard Wee Thiam Seng in Messrs Azizah, Sarina & Khoo.
Since then, she has been largely involved in Property & Loan Documentation projects and drafting of various kinds of contracts. Sarah also from time to time assists her colleagues in litigation matters. She plans to be involved with Syariah matters in the future, in particular Syariah Family Law, Faraid (Inheritance) and Wasiat.
At the Bar, Sarah volunteers her time for the cause of the Corporate Conveyancing Practice Committee of KL Bar Committee and also a committee member of Safer Malaysia of Bar Council.
Sarah joined MahWengKwai & Associates as a Senior Associate in the Sports Law Practice Group and Real Estate Practice Group in October 2016.
Career to date
2016 Senior Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2013 Senior Associate, Richard Wee & Yip
2010 Associate, Richard Wee & Yip
2008 Associate, David Gurupatham & Koay
2008 Associate, Kamaruddin & Partners
2007 Called to the Malaysian Bar
1998 Certificate of Legal Practice
1997 Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons) Ahmad Ibrahim Kuliyyah of Laws, International Islamic University Malaysia
Particular conveyancing experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Sale and Purchase Agreements and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions.
- Drafting and preparing the discharge and/or reassignment documents for the execution of the Bank and/or Borrower.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Tenancy and Lease Agreement.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of a Settlement Agreement whereby the settlement includes property transaction.
- Advising clients on application of Good Service Tax (GST) in sale and purchase and tenancy and lease transactions.
- Attended talks and seminars organised by the Bar Council to understand further the mechanism and implication of GST on a property transaction.
- Reviewing, advising client on terms and conditions of the Sale and Purchase Agreement in Schedule G & Schedule H and attending execution of the same.
- Liaising with the land office on number of issues pertaining to registration of transfer and transmission due to death.
- In communication with the stamping officers at Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri to ascertain the stamp duty for transfer in unique transmission cases.
- One of the speakers in the Conveyancing and Corporate Practice Committee, Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee (CCPC KLBC) – “10 Cs Seminar” in year 2014, 2015 and 2016. She was presenting to the participants on aspects of a practitioner’s duties in Malaysia for Client Management and Client Duties.
Particular corporate and commercial experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of share sale agreement and all other ancillary documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of shareholders’ agreement and all other ancillary documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of share option.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of a settlement agreement, wherein the mode of settlement is transfer of properties and shares.
- Drafting, reviewing and preparing the voluntary separation scheme agreement.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts; which includes but not limited to logistic and storage contract, non-disclosure agreements, letter of understanding, standard terms and conditions of a machinery rentals and after sales service, joint-venture agreements, entertainment agreements.
- Preparing and attending the execution of Moneylending Agreement from Schedule K of the Moneylenders’ Act 1951 together with the Charge Annexures and Directors’ Letter of Guarantee.
- Reviewing and advising client on terms and conditions of a franchise agreement.
- Reviewing, commenting and advising the client of the terms and conditions on the client’s website.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending as witness to the execution of will.
- Prepare and submit the application for trademark of Richard Wee & Yip’s “RWY” Logo and “Bridging Gaps”.