Regulatory Compliance ensures and governs that companies or organizations comply with the relevant laws, rules and regulations in the relevant jurisdiction. As regulations around the globe are constantly changing and evolving, companies and organizations seek to constantly be in compliance with the relevant laws, rules and regulations. Regulation has placed increasing responsibilities on organizations on regional, national and international level. Knowing how to operate businesses in the landscape of rules and regulations is vital for companies to achieve their business goal.
We assist our clients in making application for permits and licenses. In addition, our work extends to providing our clients with legal advice in respect of the law of the respective jurisdiction concerned.
- Understand the unique needs of individual companies across a broad range of industry sectors.
- Identify the laws and regulations applicable to the clients’ businesses including relevant business rules, codes and policies.
- Provide legal advisory and support to our clients on regulatory compliance in their dealings with the local regulators and agencies.
- Offer comprehensive legal risk assessments in relation to rules and guidelines brought by the Local Authorities and Government Sector such as Bank Negara Malaysia (“BNM“), Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (“SSM“), Suruhanjaya Sekuriti (“SC“) and Bursa Malaysia (“Bursa“).
- Provide expertise in relation to licensing issues.
- Provide training or awareness programme for directors, managers and employees on various legal compliance topics.
- Review documents, policies, guidelines and structures in light of the relevant laws and regulations.
Some of our clients have complex legal problems that require the help of lawyers from across the firm, including those from our employment, company, commercial and dispute resolution teams. Our cross-practice approach ensures that our clients receive the best advice for their particular situation and that their legal problems are analysed from every necessary angle.
Our Experience includes:
- Advising a legal firm in Shanghai, China on the possible claims against a Chinese Company. Our services include liaising with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Malaysia.
- Advising a public listed company on the Bursa Main Market Listing Requirements, Corporate Governance and regulatory compliance with the relevant listing requirements.
- Advising a digital marketing company on the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act 2001 in Malaysia (“AMLA”) and drafting an Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Policy for their website.
- Advising a foreign company on the Capital Markets and Services Act, its regulations and licensing for its business.
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Competition Law
- Consumer Protection
- Data Protection
- Data Privacy
- Employment Law
- Entrepreneurs & Start-ups
- Environmental Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media & Entertainment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
Reviews & Testimonials
- “We were recommended to seek MWKA and Tommy Wong for corporate advisory services, and the recommendation did not disappoint. Thank you to Tommy Wong and Sarah San for attending to our queries with great quality and efficiency despite our tight timeline. We are pleased with their advice, and we emphasise the recommendation on MWKA and Tommy!” – Ng Vee Vien, CoinClan.io
- “Jaycorp Berhad and our group of companies have worked with MWKA to complete numerous mergers and acquisitions and related deals over the past years and will continue to do so. We trust MWKA, especially Cassandra Thomazios, Tommy Wong and Anis Mohd Sohaimi, to give us the best advice and are always pleased with their professional legal services. We highly recommend MWKA’s Corporate Department.”- Muaz Jema Khan, Executive Director, Jaycorp Berhad
- “MahWengKwai & Associates has been appointed by the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents as our legal advisor since 2019. During this time, Mr Raymond Mah and Mr Tommy Wong have attended to matters related to our Institute. They have been very helpful and professional in providing legal services. We are very happy to have them on our legal team.” – K Soma Sundram, CEO, Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents
“Ms Cassandra Thomazios and Mr Tommy Wong were the speakers for our online talk and were well prepared for the talk. They provided the attendees with proper slides for easy reference. Appreciate the effort and will consider MWKA for future talks and events.” – Nurul Hidayah binti Mat Nasir, Terengganu Incorporated Sdn Bhd
- “I would like to thank Ms Cassandra Nicole Thomazios and Mr Tommy Wong for their help with the expansion of my business. Their legal advice, services and solutions have been and are effective and efficient, and I will be more than happy to recommend their services to my family, friends and contacts.” – Tiffany Lim, Yumlab Sdn Bhd, Malaysia