Wednesday, 6 October, 2021
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm What can go wrong in a Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) for property?
About this talk
Many buyers and sellers assume that once an agreement on price is reached, the rest of the process to buy or sell a property, including the sale and purchase agreement, are just formalities that will get done without problems. In reality, things can and do go bad if the parties and their lawyers are not careful or prepared. Join us for this talk in which our speakers will discuss scenarios where things go wrong, and what you need to do to avoid losses. The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- The problem with both parties “using one lawyer”
- Avoid being the victim of fraud
- Consequences of delays
- Communication and the client experience
- Sarah Kambali, Partner, Real Estate Practice Group and Syariah Estate Planning.
- Marcus Leong, Associate, Real Estate Practice Group