Wednesday, 26 August, 2020
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Understanding Performance Bonds
About this talk
Performance bonds are commonly used in the construction industry to guarantee that the issuing party will meet its obligations under the contract. Performance bonds are typically in the form of a bank guarantee that can be called upon in the event of a breach of contract. Join us for this online talk in which our speakers will explain what performance bonds are and the legal principles involved in interpreting and calling on a performance bond. The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- What are performance bonds?
- How are performance bonds interpreted?
- When and how to call upon a performance bond?
- How to restrain a call on performance bond?
- Christine Toh, Partner, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Wong Sue Ann, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group