Wednesday, 6 April 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Trademark Infringement and Passing Off
About this talk
What can you do if someone uses your trademark, logo or brand name without your consent? Or are you concerned that your business might have infringed someone’s registered or unregistered trademark? What are the possible defences to a trademark infringement claim?
Trademarks and brands are valuable assets which need to be protected in order to gain and maintain a competitive advantage. Join us for this online talk where our speakers will explain the difference between trademark infringement and passing off as well the legal remedies, reliefs and defences relevant to infringement proceedings.
The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- Infringement of Trademarks
- Passing Off (Protection of Unregistered Trademarks)
- Enforcement of exclusive rights and remedies
- Defences available to an alleged infringer
- Lesley Lim, Partner, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Hannah Patrick, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group