Wednesday, 23 March 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm The Offence of Criminal Intimidation and Rights during Arrest, Remand and Bail
About this talk
What is criminal intimidation and when does it amount to an offence under the Penal Code? Do you know what rights an arrested person has during a police arrest and whether he or she is entitled to bail? How long can one be detained and what rights does one have during detention?
It is important that everyone knows their rights during a police arrest. This is so that accused persons do not waive their rights, prejudice their defence or commit any further offences during arrest. Join us for this online talk, in which our speaker will explain what amounts to an offence of criminal intimidation, one’s rights and the do’s and don’ts when facing an arrest.
- What is criminal intimidation and when is it an offence?
- What amounts to an arrest? What are the rights of an arrested person?
- What is remand? How long can one be detained?
- When is an arrested person entitled to bail?
- Vivien Fan, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group