Wednesday, 27 April 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Minority Shareholders’ Rights
About this talk
Do you know your rights as a minority shareholder? Are your controlling shareholders conducting the company’s affairs in an unfair or prejudicial manner? While company law allows shareholders to make decisions by majority, the Companies Act 2016 does afford minority protection and remedies against oppressive behaviour or unfair treatment by the majority.
Join us for this online talk where our speakers will explain the rights of a minority shareholder, the circumstances that amount to oppressive behaviour by the majority and the statutory reliefs that the courts may have in the face of oppression.
- Corporate democracy and oppression
- Minority shareholders’ rights
- What amounts to minority oppression?
- Remedies for minority oppression
- Gan Chong Chieh, Partner, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Sebastian Liew, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group