Wednesday, 3 May 2023
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Medical Negligence Claims: What Patients and Their Families Need to Know
About this talk
If you or a loved one has suffered harm due to medical negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. But navigating the claims process can be daunting and you may have a number of questions. For example, do you need medical records or expert reports in order to succeed? What if the hospital refuses to provide you with your medical records? What kinds of damages can you claim in a medical negligence claim?
Our webinar on medical negligence claims will help you understand the legal framework for these claims, the gathering of evidence, and how to overcome common obstacles. We will also discuss the types of damages you can claim and the impact of interest rates and costs. Join us to learn how to maximise your recovery and get the compensation you deserve
The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- Obtaining discovery of medical records
- Seeking independent expert medical opinions
- Grievance mechanism; deceased patients; limitation periods; etc
- The types of damages claimable
- Interest rates and legal costs
- Jeremy Balang, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Kar Men Fung, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group