Wednesday, 16 November 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Malaysian Citizenship: How the Federal Court in CTEB and CCH has changed citizenship rights
About this talk
The Federal Court in 2021 decided two landmark cases concerning the right to citizenship under the Federal Constitution. The decision in CTEB seems to restrict the right to citizenship whereas the decision in CCH seems to broaden citizenship rights for children.
Join us for this online talk where our speakers will discuss these Federal Court decisions and their impact on Malaysian citizenship law.
The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- The right to citizenship in Malaysia
- Federal Court decisions in CTEB & CCH
- Impact of the Federal Court decisions
- The court’s current approach to citizenship issues
- Jasmine Wong, Senior Associate, Individuals and Families Practice Group
- Eric Toh, Senior Associate, Individuals and Families Practice Group