Wednesday, 15 June 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Liquidated Damages for Late Delivery of Vacant Possession under the Housing Development Act
About this talk
As a property developer, are you facing a flood of claims for liquidated damages from purchases for the late delivery of vacant possession? Does the period for vacant possession start from the date of the booking form or the SPA? Are extensions of time given by the Controller of Housing valid? Can you rely on the Covid-19 Act to reduce the claim for liquidated damages? Join us for this online talk where our speakers will walk you through the recent developments in the law concerning claims for liquidated damages under the Housing Development Act.
The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- Relevant provisions of the Housing Development Act
- Effect of the booking form
- Extensions given by the Controller of Housing
- Exemption period under the Covid-19 Act
- Case studies
- Hannah Patrick, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Ryan Cheong, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group