Thursday, 23 June 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Land Acquisition for Redevelopment Projects in Malaysia
About this talk
In light of the recent large scale redevelopment projects in Malaysia, the legality acquisition of existing buildings for redevelopment is called into scrutiny by the landowners and stakeholders involved. This talk will examine the land acquisition process and discuss the rights and remedies of all persons interested in the acquisition.
- Is redevelopment a public purpose?
- Negotiations, settlement and other arrangements
- Rights and remedies of persons interested
- Comparison with other foreign jurisdictions
- Denise Phang, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group