Wednesday, 12 January 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Integrity in Sports: the Roles of Sports Associations and Athletes
About this talk
What can sports associations and athletes do to ensure fair play and uphold integrity in sports? Sports integrity is a multifaceted issue which requires a multi-stakeholder approach, cooperation and support to combat corruption, match fixing, doping and the unfair use of technology in sports. This shared responsibility is necessary to ensure adequate policies and initiatives are in place to preserve athletes’ rights, safety, security and to foster good governance in sports organisations.
Join us for this online talk where our speaker will explain the role and importance of law in maintaining integrity in sports.
- Relevant Malaysian legislation
- Good governance in Sports Associations
- Doping and athlete’s rights
- The fair use of technology in sports
- Lesley Lim, Partner, Dispute Resolution Practice Group