Wednesday, 15 December 2021
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Informed Consent and Claims for Unauthorised Medical Treatment
About this talk
What is informed consent? It is essential that medical practitioners obtain informed consent from patients prior to any treatment or procedure. Generally, patients can sue and claim damages when treatment is given without informed consent. Join us for this online talk to learn about the various issues regarding consent and claims for unauthorised medical treatment.
The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- Understanding informed consent and its exceptions
- The process of obtaining consent for treatment
- Claims for unauthorised medical treatment
- Practical tips for doctors and patients
- Karmen Fung, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Ashvinderjeet Kaur, Paralegal, Dispute Resolution Practice Group