Wednesday, 15 March 2023
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Hiring foreign employees: Offences under the Anti-Trafficking In Persons and Anti-Smuggling of Migrants Act 2007 (ATIPSOM Act) and Recent Amendments
About this talk
Did you know that employers, directors, managers or even secretaries of a company can be criminally liable under the Anti-Trafficking In Persons and Anti-Smuggling of Migrants Act 2007 (ATIPSOM Act) for facilitating the movement of migrant workers into and out of the country without proper work permits? In fact, the laws under the ATIPSOM Act have become stricter and the penalties are heavier since the latest amendments which came into effect on 22.2.2022.
Join us for this online talk where our speakers will take you through the common offences under the ATIPSOM Act that employers should be aware of when hiring foreign workers, the recent amendments to the ATIPSOM Act including the introduction of new offences and its penalties.
- The definition of human trafficking and smuggling of migrants
- The common offences under the ATIPSOM Act and its penalties
- The latest amendments to the ATIPSOM Act
- Vivien Fan, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Wong Chee En, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Kirthika Padmanapan, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group