Wednesday, 15 April, 2020
11:00 am – 11:45 am Force Majeure & Frustration of Contract in Sale and Purchase Agreements
About this talk
Has the progress of your sale and purchase agreements been affected by the MCO? Many sale and purchase agreements have force majeure and extension of time clauses. The common law principle of frustration of contract may also be applicable. In this talk, our lawyers will discuss how force majeure and extension of time provisions in sale and purchase agreements and the common law doctrine of frustration may be engaged in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. Please click here to download Zoom
- The meaning of Force Majeure & Frustration of Contract
- Parties affected by the current Movement Control Order (“MCO”)
- Time is of the essence. Will time be extended?
- Relevant in Case Laws
- Sarah Kambali, Partner, Real Estate Practice Group and Syariah Estate Planning.
- Marcus Leong, Associate, Real Estate Practice Group