Friday, 3 July, 2020
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Employee Misconduct and Domestic Inquiry
About this talk
As an employer, what can you do if your employee violates the company’s rules or policies? What disciplinary action can be taken against the employee? Can you dismiss your employee summarily? Join us for this online talk, in which our speakers will explain the legal principles in handling employee misconduct. Our speakers will also discuss the applicable guidelines and best practices in holding a domestic inquiry. The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- Types of misconduct
- The law governing employee misconduct
- What is a Domestic Inquiry?
- Guidelines and Best Practices for Domestic Inquiries
- Consequences of failing to hold a Domestic Inquiry
- Diana Cheak, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Jasmine Wong, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group