Wednesday, 24 August 2022
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Copyright Notifications and Infringements
About this talk
Are you an author, composer, content creator or business owner who has wondered how to better protect your copyright? Do you know how notifying the Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO) of your copyright adds value to your creation or business?
Join us for this talk as we take you through the copyright laws in Malaysia and the MyIPO notification process. We will also take a look at copyright cases that have been decided by the Malaysian Courts and how the law has been applied against copyright infringers in Malaysia.
- Introduction to the Copyright Act 1987
- Copyright notification process
- Copyright for your business
- Case studies on copyright infringement
- Hannah Patrick, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Carolyn Ng, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group