Wednesday, 18 October 2023
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Contempt of Court: Forcing Compliance with Orders through Committal Proceedings
About this talk
When a court order is not obeyed, proceedings to enforce compliance become crucial. Committal proceedings may be an effective solution, as the party failing to comply with the order may be penalised with a fine or imprisonment. Understand the principles, procedures, and notable cases of using committal proceedings to compel court compliance. Join our webinar to unravel the mechanisms behind this enforcement method and gain insights into its practical applications.
- What is Contempt of Court?
- Civil Contempt as a Form of Enforcement
- Procedure of Committal Proceedings
- Case Studies and Tips
- Gan Chong Chieh, Partner, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Joseph Khor, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group