Monday, 4 May, 2020
11:00 am – 11:45 am Arrest, Remand & Bail during MCO: Knowing Your Rights
About this talk
What amounts to an arrest and what happens upon arrest, particularly now during the MCO? Everyone has rights which should be respected and safeguarded during arrest, and it is important that you know your rights. This is especially so that you do not waive your rights, prejudice your defence or commit any further offences during arrest. Join us for this online talk, in which our speakers explain your rights and the do’s and don’ts when you or your loved one is facing an arrest. The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- What happens if you are stopped during MCO?
- What amounts to an arrest? What are your rights?
- What is remand? How long can you be detained?
- What happens when you are charged?
- What is bail? How do you obtain bail?
- Vivien Fan, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Wong Chee En, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group