Wednesday, 4 November, 2020
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Adopting Children in Malaysia
About this talk
Did you know that there are two different ways to adopt a child in Malaysia?
Court adoptions under the Adoption Act 1952 involve a formal court application and result in a court adoption order. However, this option is only available to non-Muslims. Both Muslims and non-Muslims can apply for a departmental adoption and obtain a certificate of adoption under the Registration of Adoptions Act 1952. Join us for this online talk in which our speakers will explain the process involved for adoptions under the Adoption Act 1952 and the Registration of Adoptions Act 1952. The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- Overview of the Adoption Act 1952
- Overview of the Registration of Adoptions Act 1952
- The differences between court and departmental adoptions
- What to consider and how to prepare for adoptions
- Jasmine Wong, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Eric Toh, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group