Mei Lum is co-Founder of MWKA Technologies. She is an ASEAN CPA, Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, a strategist, business architect, entrepreneur and alumnus of PwC and UOB with over 15 years of global work experience. She is also a member of Women Who Code, Mensa and supports Teach for Malaysia.
Her superpower is leveraging data and translating tech requirements between the end users and IT professionals. Mei designs, codes, and does wonders with data, numbers and people. She finds joy in innovation, human-centred design and business transformation strategies. She is also a mum of three and is passionate about continuous learning, mental health, inclusive cultures, remote work, cloud and mobile technologies.
MWKA Technologies is a remote-friendly agile strategic research consultancy. We empower clients in Europe + Asia Pacific to unlock 10x value by transforming customer experience + facilitating sustainable change + continuous innovation. We are a diverse team of experienced IT, legal, finance & compliance professionals who have the mindset, skillset and commercial acumen you need to help you succeed.
Career to date
2018 Co-Founder & Principal Consultant | MWKA Technologies
2015 Director | MahWengKwai & Associates Advisory Services
2012 Chief Operating Officer | MahWengKwai & Associates Advocates & Solicitors
2010 National Office Manager | PricewaterhouseCoopers
2008 Regional Audit Manager | United Overseas Bank
2007 Senior Associate – Financial Services | PricewaterhouseCoopers
2005 Associate – Financial Services| PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Donor, Teach For Malaysia
- Member, Malaysian Business Angels Network (MBAN)
- Member, Mensa
- Member, Women Who Code
- Member, Women Techmakers
- Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Founding Member, League of Lawyers Association, Hong Kong
- Member, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), Malaysia
Professional & Educational achievements:
2020 ASEAN CPA | ACPACC Secretariat
2018 Blockchain Strategy Programme | Oxford Saïd Business School
Blockchain Foundation for Developers | IBM
iOS Mobile Development | Next Academy
2017 Oxford Fintech Programme | Oxford Saïd Business School
Deep Learning Fundamentals | NVIDIA
Adwords | Google
2013 Fellowship| Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
2011 Chartered Manager | Chartered Management Institute
2009 Corporate Member (2009 – 2010) | Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Singapore
2008 Membership | Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
2005 BSc Applied Accounting | Oxford Brookes University
Particular work experience:
- DevOps Leader since 2010.
- Facilitating agile culture and change management initiatives for organisational design.
- Reviewing and/ or drafting white papers on blockchain ventures and funding strategy.
- Advising on human-centered collaborative practices and “future-proof” talent development strategy.
- Solution architecture and software development for the legal industry.
- Design sprints, mobile/web application design and development.
- Advising on gender equality, corporate social responsibility impact investments.
- Advising on risk, impact, and scalability of technologies in the digital transformation process.
- Designed and developed compliance automation system for Big 4 firm.
- Identifying and solution design for complex IT system integration issues involving 5 stakeholders for international financial institution.
- Financial modeling for multiple scenario analysis and probability-weighted outcomes.
Reviews & Testimonials
- “MWKA Tech have been a pleasure to work with. Great communication with the team, and fantastic initiative + effort from their end to help us push through our project goals.” – JL Tan, Chief Marketing Officer, Mogu Technologies (Singapore)
- “Ying Mei brings to the table a vast range of expertise and experience. An individual who commits herself to the tasks at hand and delivers them with unwavering commitment.” – Kee Aun Tan, Chairman, Malaysian Mensa
Honors & Awards
- 30 people to watch in the business of law in Asia in 2019 – Asia Law Portal
- Corporate Social Responsibility 2011 Challenge Champion – PwC
- Chess Group Gold – Malaysia Inter-Accounting Firm Games
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Bahasa Indonesia
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Diversity & Inclusion
Exponential Finance & Using Financial Technology
Innovation & Future of Work
Social Impact & Sustainability
- Sprint Workshops
1 day Business Development
1 hour Strategic Impact Lightning Decision Jam
5 day Innovation Design Sprint
Mobile App Design Sprint Quarter
- Coaching & Outsourced Services
CEOs, Managing Partners
Digital Transformation teams
Teams requiring Sustainable change Management
- Digital Transformation Operational Implementation
Digital Marketing & Sales Funnel Optimisation
Resource & Practice Management