Tues, 16 May, 2023
9:30 am – 5:30 pm (MC) Mergers & Acquisitions: Benefits, Getting it Right and the Need for Due Diligence (Download pdf brochure)
RM680 per pax nett (Lunch and refreshments will be provided)
About this course
Businesses may undergo mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in order to grow, manage risk, restructure or for a number of other advantages. M&A deals involve complex processes and transactional documents which require lawyers to advise on. It is beneficial for business owners, investors and potential purchasers to understand how M&A transactions work to avoid common pitfalls.
Legal due diligence is very much part of an M&A deal and it is important for purchasers to investigate and verify the target company’s business documents, contracts and assets. A due diligence process may also raise red flags that parties can then discuss and address by changes to the purchase price and in the sale and purchase agreement.
This workshop will cover all the important aspects of a legal due-diligence process, what a merger and acquisition is, terms of the sale and purchase agreement and types of documents typically used in such transactions.
The talk will be delivered in person at WORQ TTDI, a co-working space.
We are pleased to offer you a 10% discount (ACADEMY 10) for Early bird registration before 7 April 2023. Sign up before the early bird ends or get 20% discount (ACADEMY 20) if you register 3 pax or more.
To claim this offer, just key in the discount code “ACADEMY 10“ or “ACADEMY 20” into the Discount Voucher section during your checkout on our payment page.
Please join us and sign up!
**Note: Price includes lunch and refreshments during the seminar. Closing date for registration: 8 May 2023
Module 1: To understand the benefits of mergers and acquisitions and for companies/ individuals to learn what typically transpires in such transactions.
Module 2: To learn the benefits of a legal due diligence, what a legal due-diligence process entails, the type of due-diligence documents typically seen in Malaysia and how it impacts the acquisition purchase price
- Benefits of Legal Due Diligence
- Due Diligence Process
- Common Due Diligence documents
- How Due Diligence impacts an acquisition purchase price
- Introduction to mergers and acquisitions
- The benefits of M&As for companies and SMEs
- Transaction documents in an M&A deal
- Difference between M&As and Joint Ventures
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Know what a due-diligence process is
- Recognise the documents typically reviewed in a due diligence exercise
- Understanding how due diligence impacts purchase price
- Understand what a Merger is, and what an Acquisition is
- Recognise the type of transaction documents typically used for an M&A exercise
- Identify the difference between M&As and Joint Ventures
- Visually Identifying due-diligence documents and the process (Quiz)
- Identify how due diligence impacts purchase price (Role Play)
- Describing the difference between Mergers & Acquisitions (Quiz)
- Knowing how to Use M&A transaction documents (Quiz)
- High Engagement
- Small groups
- Hands-on learning
- Purchasers acquiring shares in companies
- Business investors
- Heads of Department
- Chief Financial Officers
- In-house Legal Department
- Cassandra Nicole Thomazios, Partner, Corporate Practice Group
- Tommy Wong, Senior Legal Associate, Corporate Practice Group