Marlysa Abdul Razak
T: +6 03 7887 2702
F: +6 03 7887 2703
Marlysa Razak graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University Teknologi MARA (UiTM) in 2015. She read in the Chambers of Messrs Richard Wee & Yip and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in January 2016.
Marlysa commenced her legal career as an associate in MahwengKwai & Associates since October 2016.
Marlysa’s primary areas of practice are general litigation, corporate and commercial litigations, contractual disputes, tortious actions, tenancy disputes, wills, probate and administration of estates. Marlysa is also comfortable and interest in the area of Law of Carriage, Trade and Logistics and aims to develop herself in becoming a reputable and well-versed advocate in the area.
Career to date
2016 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2016 Associate, Richard Wee & Yip
2015 Pupil-in-Chambers, Richard Wee & Yip
2013 Attachment Student, Hafarizam, Wan & Aisha Mubarak
2015 Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Universiti Teknologi MARA, UiTM) (Honours Second Class Upper)
2014 Bachelor in Legal Studies (Hons) (Universiti Teknology MARA, UiTM) (Honours Second Class Upper)
Particular litigation experience
- Judicial review against the State of Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus’s decision on acquisition of land in Port Dickson, Federal Court
- Resisting a claim for setting aside of judgment in Default, Court of Appeal
- Defending a claim for setting aside of Consent Judgment, High Court
- Resisting a claim for stay of execution, High Court
- Claim against tenant for non-payment of rent and double rental, Session Court
- Recovery of outstanding debts for goods and services delivered, Magistrates Court, Sessions Court and High Court
Probate and Letter of Administration matters
- Application of Letter of Administration and defending against caveat lodged on the estate of the deceased, High Court
- Review of a Player-Agent contract
- A-B-C of CAS published by the Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration