The Asian Legal Business (ALB) Malaysia Law Awards for 2016 took place on 7 April at a black tie gala dinner which saw 33 awards presented to the respective winners. The annual event, in its third year running since the inaugural launch in 2014, recognises the excellence and outstanding achievements of Malaysia’s leading law firms and in-house legal teams of 2015.
MahWengKwai & Associates are honoured to win the Boutique Law Firm of the Year Award.
We are further delighted to congratulate our Lim Jo Yan, Partner and Head of the Corporate & Commercial Practice Group who was named as the Young Lawyer of the Year.
The firm was also nominated for the following awards:
- Arbitration Law Firm of the Year
- Litigation Law Firm of the Year
- Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
- Malaysia Law Firm of the Year
The judges tasked with the selection of winners are leading individuals in the legal circle who are in practice, academia, and the corporate sector. They include:
- President, Society of Construction Law Malaysia
- President, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- President, Malaysian Corporate Counsel Association
- Executive Director, The Association of Banks in Malaysia
- Senior Vice President of Legal, Khazanah Nasional Bhd
- Head of Legal, MEASAT Broadcast Network System Bhd
- Head of Corporate Legal, Bursa Malaysia
- Group General Counsel, Axiata Group Bhd
- Managing Director, Brickfields Asia College
- Dean, Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Dean of Faculty of Law, Universiti Teknologi MARA
We are proud to share this success with the associates and staff of the firm for their dedication and commitment to providing our clients legal services at the highest standards.
The full list of winners and finalists can be accessed here.