March 27, 2015 was a busy night for MahWengKwai & Associates. After a quick stop at Cheang & Ariff’s party at Loke Mansion to celebrate the return of our consultant, Dato’ Mah Weng Kwai and their consultant, Dato’ Mohamad Ariff Bin Md Yusof to the Bar, we headed to InterContinental Kuala Lumpur to attend the Asean Legal Business Malaysia Law Awards ceremony which was well-attended by teams of talented in-house lawyers (e.g. Astro, Sime Darby, Boustead etc) and well-known law firms.
We were honored that the panel of judges consisted of so many distinguished personalities in the industry and Malaysian Corporate Sector, including:
1. President, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
2. President, Society of Construction Law Malaysia
3. Members of the KLRCA Advisory Board
4. Director of Legal, Khazanah Nasional
5. Head of Corporate Legal, Bursa Malaysia
6. Executive Director, Association of Banks Malaysia
7. Group General Counsel, The Association of Banks in Malaysia
8. Group General Counsel, Sime Darby Berhad
9. Founder, Brickfields Asia College
MahWengKwai & Associates won the coveted Litigation Law Firm of the Year award. The award, jointly won by Lee Hishamuddin Allen & Glehill, followed three other nominations for the Firm, which included: Kuala Lumpur Regional Center of Arbitration (KLRCA) Arbitration Law Firm of the Year, Real Estate Law Firm of the Year and Malaysian Law Firm of the Year.