Vinson graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Malaya in 2017. He then underwent his pupillage in Rahmat Lim & Partners under the guidance of Ms. Pauline Khor Hong Ping. Vinson was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2018, and he commenced his professional career at CY Wong Ng & Partners.
Vinson joined MahWengKwai & Associates as a Senior Associate in 2023.
Vinson mainly deals with real property transactions, including but not limited to acquisitions and disposals of real property either by individuals or corporates as well as loan documentations for financial institutions. He has negotiated commercial tenancy agreements with famous multinational chains of coffee houses and quick-service restaurants. He also regularly drafts, negotiates and reviews various kinds of contracts for clients.
Vinson’s other areas of interest and practice includes will-writing and probate matters.
Career to date
2023 Senior Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Associate, CY Wong Ng & Partners
2017 Pupil-in-Chambers, Rahmat Lim & Partners
2015 Internship, Halim Hong & Quek
2017 Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Malaya
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and attending to the execution of sale and purchase agreements and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions.
- Preparing and attending to the execution of sale and purchase agreements and ancillary documents for developer projects
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and attending to the execution of tenancy and lease agreements
- Advising financial institutions in property financing including drawdown and perfection of loan documentation for both conventional and Islamic financing facilities
- Advising financial institutions in SME and corporate financing for both conventional and Islamic financing facilities
- Liaising and dealing with clients, developers, banks and authorities for various real estate matters
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and attending to various kinds of contracts, including but not limited to settlement agreements, service agreements and software licensing agreements
- Writing wills and trust deeds and obtaining letters of administration and grants of probates for clients
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Our heartfelt appreciation goes to Tommy Wong, Mira Mashor, Vinson Cheng and Azila Amiruddin for helping us with the execution of our share sale and business transfer agreements. Their knowledge and expertise really helped us to navigate through what felt like a massive undertaking for us. Their professionalism was also displayed in ensuring that everything was completed in a timely manner, from the beginning until the end. Overall, we are more than satisfied with their services and would definitely recommend them to friends and family! Keep up the excellent work!” – Timothy Ten