Sarah is a graduate of International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM) and Universiti Technology MARA (UiTM) for Bachelor of Laws LLB (Hons) in 2006 and Postgraduate Diploma in Syariah Law and Practice in 2018 respectively. She was called to the Bar on 25th October 2007 and thereafter spent her pupillage under Mr. Richard Wee Thiam Seng in Messrs. Azizah, Sarina & Khoo.
From the time she was called to the Bar to present times, she is involved with Wills and Real Estate practise; which also includes drafting of various kinds of contracts and preparation of loan documentations. She is also involved in Syariah matters; in particular matters pertaining to Inheritance (Faraid) and Muslim Will (Wasiat).
To ensure that she is up to date with the current changes in the Real Estate Practice, she volunteers her time with two State Bars’ Practice Committees; namely the Selangor Bar’s Conveyancing Practice Committee and the Kuala Lumpur Bar’s Corporate and Conveyancing and Practice Committee. Being in the two State Bars’ Practice Committees enables her to continuously communicate with the office bearers of the Real Estate Practice to be updated and resolve issues; which includes the respective land office, municipal councils and both inland revenue office for tax related matters and stamping departments.
Sarah joined MahWengKwai & Associates as a Senior Associates in the Sports Law Practice Group and Real Estate Practice Group in October 2016.
Career to date
2019 Partner, MahWengKwai & Associates
2016 Senior Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2013 Senior Associate, Richard Wee & Yip
2010 Associate, Richard Wee & Yip
2008 Associate, David Gurupatham & Koay
2008 Associate, Kamaruddin & Partners
2007 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2018 Postgraduate Diploma in Syariah Law and Practice Universiti Technology MARA
2006 Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons) Ahmad Ibrahim Kuliyyah of Laws, International Islamic University Malaysia
Particular conveyancing experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Sale and Purchase Agreements and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions.
- Drafting and preparing the discharge and/or reassignment documents for the execution of the Bank and/or Borrower.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Tenancy and Lease Agreement.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of a Settlement Agreement whereby the settlement includes property transaction.
- Advising clients on application of Good Service Tax (GST) in sale and purchase and tenancy and lease transactions.
- Attended talks and seminars organised by the Bar Council to understand further the mechanism and implication of GST on a property transaction.
- Reviewing, advising client on terms and conditions of the Sale and Purchase Agreement in Schedule G & Schedule H and attending execution of the same.
- Liaising with the land office on number of issues pertaining to registration of transfer and transmission due to death.
- In communication with the stamping officers at Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri to ascertain the stamp duty for transfer in unique transmission cases.
- One of the speakers in the Conveyancing and Corporate Practice Committee, Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee (CCPC KLBC) – 2-Days Seminar for Conveyancing in year 2014 to 2019. She presents the aspects of a practitioner’s role in Malaysia for the topics of Client Management and Client Duties.
Particular corporate and commercial experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of share sale agreement and all other ancillary documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of shareholders’ agreement and all other ancillary documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of share option.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of a settlement agreement, wherein the mode of settlement is transfer of properties and shares.
- Drafting, reviewing and preparing the voluntary separation scheme agreement.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts; which includes but not limited to logistic and storage contract, non-disclosure agreements, letter of understanding, standard terms and conditions of a machinery rentals and after sales service, joint-venture agreements, entertainment agreements.
- Preparing and attending the execution of Moneylending Agreement from Schedule K of the Moneylenders’ Act 1951 together with the Charge Annexures and Directors’ Letter of Guarantee.
- Reviewing and advising client on terms and conditions of a franchise agreement.
- Reviewing, commenting and advising the client of the terms and conditions on the client’s website.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending as witness to the execution of will.
- Prepare and submit the application for trademark of Richard Wee & Yip’s “RWY” Logo and “Bridging Gaps”.