Marilyn graduated with a Second Class Honours in Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Multimedia University in 2016. Marilyn then commenced her pupillage in Koh Kim Leng & Company, Melaka under the guidance and tutelage of Mr. KL Chong. Marilyn was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2017. She then joined MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate in 2022.
Marilyn is also presently completing the Master of Commercial Law (MCL) Master’s Degree programme at the University of Malaya on a part-time basis.
Marilyn’s area of practice include acquisitions and disposals of real property either by individual or corporate, loan documentations for various financiers and drafting various kinds of contracts.
Career to date
2022 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2021 Associate, Kuek, Ong & Associates
2020 Associate, Koh Kim Leng & Company, Melaka
2017 Associate, CY Ng & Barry
2017 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2016 Pupil-in-Chambers, Koh Kim Leng & Company, Melaka
2016 Bachelor of Law (Second Class Honours), Multimedia University
Particular Conveyancing Experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of the Sale and Purchase Agreement and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions
- Preparing and attending to the execution of the Sale and Purchase Agreement and ancillary documents for developers’ projects
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Tenancy and Lease Agreement.
- Advices financial institutions in property financing including drawdown and perfection of loan documentations for both conventional and islamic financing facilities.
- Advices financial institutions in SME and Corporate financing for both conventional and islamic financing facilities.
- Dispute Resolution
Trust & Succession
- Individuals & Families
Will, Trusts & Probate