Marilyn graduated with a Second Class Honours in Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Multimedia University in 2016. Marilyn then commenced her pupillage in Koh Kim Leng & Company, Melaka under the guidance and tutelage of Mr. KL Chong. Marilyn was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2017. She then joined MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate in 2022.
Marilyn is also presently completing the Master of Commercial Law (MCL) Master’s Degree programme at the University of Malaya on a part-time basis.
Marilyn’s area of practice include acquisitions and disposals of real property either by individual or corporate, loan documentations for various financiers and drafting various kinds of contracts.
Career to date
2022 Senior Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2022 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2021 Associate, Kuek, Ong & Associates
2020 Associate, Koh Kim Leng & Company, Melaka
2017 Associate, CY Ng & Barry
2017 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2016 Pupil-in-Chambers, Koh Kim Leng & Company, Melaka
2016 Bachelor of Law (Second Class Honours), Multimedia University
Particular Conveyancing Experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of the Sale and Purchase Agreement and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions
- Preparing and attending to the execution of the Sale and Purchase Agreement and ancillary documents for developers’ projects
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Tenancy and Lease Agreement.
- Advices financial institutions in property financing including drawdown and perfection of loan documentations for both conventional and islamic financing facilities.
- Advices financial institutions in SME and Corporate financing for both conventional and islamic financing facilities.
Reviews & Testimonials
- “MahWengKwai & Associates assisted me with the purchase of an apartment in central KL, which was anything but straightforward due to unresolved issues between the Vendor and the Developer. The assistance that I received went way behind simple conveyancing, I was guided step by step through the complicated process until completion and delivery of the title. Marilyn Teh, who was in charge, is an absolute star and a great asset for the firm.” – Philippe Girard-Foley, Kuala Lumpur
- “Thank you Marilyn Teh for the quick turnaround on land title registration.” – Ch’ng, Petaling Jaya
- “Even with the most mundane of transactions, MWKA managed to surpass expectations. The entire process was smooth and updates well-communicated. Thanks Marilyn!”- AC, Kuala Lumpur
- “I appreciate Ms Marilyn Teh for her responsive feedback and professionalism. Everything was done according to the timeline.”- Aiden, Taiwan
- “Thank you to Marilyn for her professional service. Appreciate it.”- Tan, Singapore
- “Ms Sarah and Ms Marilyn are the benchmarks of professionalism. Kudos!!!” – Ms Wong, Selangor
- “I write this thank you note to Ms Marilyn. She is an awesome associate that I have dealt. I have been waiting for more than 5 months to settle my case, but Ms Marilyn really showed her passion and sense of urgency to help speed up the entire long overdue process. I appreciate her assistance and look forward to engage with her again in near future. Thanks.” – Dicky Wong, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 03-7887 2702
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Dispute Resolution
Trust & Succession
- Individuals & Families
Will, Trusts & Probate