Marcus Leong graduated with a First Class Honours in Bachelor of Laws from the University of the West of England in Bristol, England in 2015 and completed his Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2016. He commenced his pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr Richard Wee.
Marcus was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in March 2018. Upon admission to the Malaysian Bar, he began his practice in MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate in 2018. Marcus is also presently completing the Master of Commercial Law (MCL) Master’s Degree programme at the University of Malaya on a part-time basis.
Marcus has been largely involved in acquisitions and disposals of real property, share sale and purchase of real property companies, loan documentation and drafting of various kinds of contracts. He also from time to time assists his colleagues in litigation and corporate matters.
Career to date
2018 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2017 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2015 Attachment Student, BH Koh, Soong, Zarin & Partners, Ipoh
2016 Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP)
2015 Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours)
Particular conveyancing experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Sale and Purchase Agreements and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions.
- Drafting and preparing the discharge and/or reassignment documents for the execution of the Bank and/or Borrower.
- Drafting and preparing the loan documents for execution of the Bank and/or Borrower and advising the Banks.
- Reviewing, advising client on terms and conditions of the Sale and Purchase Agreement in Schedule G & Schedule H and attending execution of the same.
- Handling transfer of property between family members by way of love and affection
- Assisting beneficiaries of estate in relation to registration of transfer and transmission.
- Liaising with the land office on number of issues pertaining to submission/presentation of documents.
Particular corporate and commercial experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of share sale agreement and all other ancillary documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of shareholders’ agreement and all other ancillary documents.
Particular litigation experience
- Claim in relation to road accident matter, Sessions Court
Review and Testimonial
- “I appointed Richard Wee to deal with a sale of a real estate property sometime in 2018. His team from the Real Estate Practice Group, namely Puan Sarah Kambali and Mr. Marcus Leong, was assisting him in the transaction; which includes vetting through the agreement, dealing with my bank for discharging the property and also communicating with the purchaser solicitors. Throughout the deal, the team had continuously updated me of the progress made. The team working in MahWengKwai & Associates (MWKA) had kept me in the loop at all times; which was important for me to decide on the timing to stop paying the monthly loan repayments to my bank and also timing to vacate the property. Selling a property can cause much stress. But, with the assistance of the MWKA team, my worries were clarified and my stress was kept a minimum. I would definitely recommend to appoint the MWKA team for any sale or purchase of property.” – Catherine Wong, Selangor