Marcus Leong graduated with a First Class Honours in Bachelor of Laws from the University of the West of England in Bristol, England in 2015 and completed his Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2016. He commenced his pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr Richard Wee.
Marcus was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in March 2018. Upon admission to the Malaysian Bar, he began his practice in MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate in 2018. Marcus is also presently completing the Master of Commercial Law (MCL) Master’s Degree programme at the University of Malaya on a part-time basis.
Marcus has been largely involved in acquisitions and disposals of real property, share sale and purchase of real property companies, loan documentation and drafting of various kinds of contracts. He also from time to time assists his colleagues in litigation and corporate matters.
Career to date
2018 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2017 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2015 Attachment Student, BH Koh, Soong, Zarin & Partners, Ipoh
2016 Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP)
2015 Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours)
Particular conveyancing experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Sale and Purchase Agreements and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions.
- Drafting and preparing the discharge and/or reassignment documents for the execution of the Bank and/or Borrower.
- Drafting and preparing the loan documents for execution of the Bank and/or Borrower and advising the Banks.
- Reviewing, advising client on terms and conditions of the Sale and Purchase Agreement in Schedule G & Schedule H and attending execution of the same.
- Handling transfer of property between family members by way of love and affection
- Assisting beneficiaries of estate in relation to registration of transfer and transmission.
- Liaising with the land office on number of issues pertaining to submission/presentation of documents.
Particular corporate and commercial experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of share sale agreement and all other ancillary documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of shareholders’ agreement and all other ancillary documents.
Particular litigation experience
- Claim in relation to road accident matter, Sessions Court
Tel: 03-7887 2702
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Banking & Finance