Kirbasyini graduated from Cardiff University, with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and completed her Certificate of Legal Practice in 2017. She was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2018.
Before joining MahWengKwai & Associates, Kirbasyini worked as an Industrial Relations Consultant with MECA, where she obtained her certification as a HRDCorp Trainer and gained experience in conducting in-house trainings and public courses on employment and industrial relations matters.
Prior to that, Kirbasyini worked in various legal firms and her primary area of legal practice is in general civil litigation with specific focus on personal injury matters including public liability, medical negligence, and motor vehicle accidents. Kirbasyini also has experience in Land Reference Proceedings and labour and industrial relation disputes.
She joined MWKA as an Associate in 2023.
Career to date
2023 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2023 IR Consultant, MECA
2022 Associate, Zain & Co
2022 Associate, P R Manecksha (Penang)
2019 Associate, Jayadeep Hari & Jamil
2018 Corporate Legal Executive, CG Tekbuild Pte Ltd
2017 Pupillage, Jayadeep Hari & Jamil
2016 Knowledge Management Officer, Jayadeep Hari & Jamil
2014 Corporate Legal Executive, Graphene Nanochem Plc
2023 HRD Corp Certified Trainer
2018 Certificate of Legal Practice
2014 Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Cardiff University
Particular Litigation Experience
Insurance Litigation (Personal Injury)
- Medical Negligence – Defended private medical practitioners in various disciplines.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Defended insured vehicle owners.
- Public liability – Defended companies against third party claims.
Employment & Industrial Relations
- Represented companies/employers and employees in industrial relations/unfair dismissal disputes.
- Represented land owner in land reference proceedings in respect of the compensation awarded for the acquisition of land.
Other Civil Matters
- Contractual disputes between individuals and/or private businesses.
- Regularly advise on HR related issues including advisory on termination of employees, management of misconduct and poor performance at workplace, disciplinary proceedings/ procedures, reviewing of employment contracts, policies and handbooks, show cause and termination letters.
- Advised on implementation of retrenchment exercise, pay cuts and voluntary and mutual separation schemes.
- Amsteel Mills Sdn Bhd v Ann Joo Steel Berhad  1 LNS 1585
- Fadzilah & Fikri Sdn Bhd v Dolomite Industries Company Sdn Bhd  1 LNS 878
- Nur Farizan Abdul Mubin v Institut Terjemahan & Buku Malaysia  2 LNS 0705
- Nuur Iman Rahmatullah Khan v Ampang Hospital Sdn Bhd & Anor  1 LNS 1664
- Puveneswaran Perumal v Tenaga Nasional Berhad  2 LNS 0242 (Industrial Court)
- Conducted a training on “Eradicating Harassment & Bullying at Workplace – Consequence to the Company”
- Conducted training on “Crucial IR Skills – [Managing Misconduct & Poor Performance]”
- Conducted training on “Domestic Inquiry Procedure”
- Conducted training on “Managing Misconduct in Employment”
- Presented an online talk on “Eradicating Sexual Harassment at the Workplace”
- Presented an online talk on “Resolving Poor Performance Amicably”