Kar Men graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Cardiff University, Wales, United Kingdom in 2017. She completed her Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) at Cardiff University and was called to the Bar of England and Wales (Middle Temple Inn) in 2018. Kar Men was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in March 2020.
Kar Men commenced her pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the tutelage of Mr Gan Chong Chieh and upon admission to the Malaysian Bar, she began her practice in MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate. Her areas of practice include general litigation, probate and administration of estates, land disputes, corporate and commercial litigation, debt recovery and family law matters.
Career to date
2020 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2020 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2019 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Called to the English Bar
2015 Attachment Student, Adnan Sundra & Low
2018 Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), Middle Temple Inn
2017 Bachelor of Laws (Second Class Honours, Division 1), Cardiff University
Particular litigation experience
- Disputes arising from breach of contract, Sessions Court
- Recovery of outstanding debts, Magistrates’ Court and Sessions Court
- Applying to Court for termination of co-proprietorship, Court of Appeal and Federal Court
- Advising and assisting in a claim by individual proprietors of a mixed development property to the JMB to fix single maintenance rate and to challenge the AGM’s resolution, Court of Appeal and Federal Court
- Applying to Court to set aside an Arbitration Award, Federal Court
Family law matters
- Applying to Court for the citizenship for an adopted child, High Court
- Applying to Court for Judicial Separation Order, High Court
Probate and Administration
- Applying to Court for Grant of Letters of Administration and Grant of Letters of Administration De Bonis Non, High Court
- Advising a developer in opposing a potential civil claim by a purchaser.
- Advising a registered corporation on claiming back misappropriated funds and on an unauthorised change of name of a particular centre.
Review & Testimonial
- “I approached and engaged MahWengKwai & Associates to assist me in will drafting. The whole process of drafting the will took only 2 weeks. I’m pleased that Karmen and Aaron assisted me effectively by advising on the crucial terms in the will and executing the will in a short time. Their cost for will drafting services is reasonable as well. I would like to thank MWKA for their commendable services and recommend their services to others in need.” – Yvonne Leong, Selangor
- “I engaged MWKA to help me draft a will. From start to end, the process took a few weeks. Karmen, my lawyer, was a delight to work with, knowledgeable and professional. Price points are rather reasonable, and they offer lifetime will storage for peace of mind. Would recommend MWKA to anyone looking to draft a will.” – Mr Ng, Selangor
- “A big thank you to Eric Toh and Karmen Fung. They were both understanding, professional and worked diligently until the end to ensure everything went on smoothly. I’m so grateful! Highly recommended!” – Ms Suba, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- “I am very pleased with the services provided by MahWengKwai & Associates. Jasmine & Kar Men assisted me efficiently throughout the way. Everything was professionally conducted. My case was settled amicably and I am very pleased with the outcome. Thank you MWKA!” – Dr FA, Kota Bharu
- “We are incredibly pleased with the professionalism and expertise of the lawyers in MahWengKwai & Associates. They have successfully recovered our long-outstanding fees from one of our former business partners. We appreciate every effort that the team puts in for our case. In particular, Ms Prisilla Chong and Ms Fung Kar Men who patiently answered all our queries and walked us through the legal process involved. We would recommend MahWengKwai & Associates to anyone for their professional services.” – Ms Loo Suet Ying, Steel-Point Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur
- Dispute Resolution
Insolvency & Winding Up
Media & Entertainment
- Individuals & Families